Ertapenem is a penem antibacterial used in adult patients and pediatric patients (aged 3 months and older) for the treatment of the following moderate to severe infections caused by susceptible bacteria:
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections.
- Community-acquired pneumonia.
- Complicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis.
- Acute pelvic infections including septic abortion, postpartum endomyometritis, and post surgical gynecologic infections.
- Complicated skin and skin structure infections, including diabetic foot infections without osteomyelitis.
Ertapenem injection is used in adults for the prophylaxis of surgical site infection following elective colorectal surgery.
What is Ertapenem?
Ertapenem is an antibiotic that is authorized for treating severe infections caused by bacteria in the skin, stomach, lungs, pelvis, and urinary tract. This medication is also aimed to prevent infection in individuals having certain types of surgery.
What dosage strengths Ertapenem is supplied?
Ertapenem is supplied as a sterile lyophilized powder in single-dose vials containing 1 gram of ertapenem for intravenous infusion or for intramuscular injection.
How is Ertapenem administered?
The proposed dosage of Ertapenem is administered as an injection into a muscle, or through a needle placed into a vein.
What class of medicine is Ertapenem?
The ertapenem IV or IM is specifically a class of medicine called carbapenem antibiotics.
Where can I buy Ertapenem Injection?
You can buy Ertapenem from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the wholesaler/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.