Imatinib mesylate is a kinase inhibitor (an oral targeted therapy) supplied under the brand name Glivec or Gleevec and approved for the treatment of:
- Newly diagnosed adult and pediatric patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in chronic phase (CP).
- Patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in blast crisis (BC), accelerated phase (AP), or chronic phase (CP) after failure of interferon-alpha therapy.
- Adult patients with relapsed or refractory (R/R) Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Pediatric patients with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in conjunction with chemotherapy.
- Adult patients with myelodysplastic or myeloproliferative diseases (MDS or MPD) linked with PDGFR gene rearrangements.
- Adult patients with an aggressive form of systemic mastocytosis (ASM) without the D816V c-Kit mutation or with c-Kit mutational status unknown.
- Adult individuals with hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) or chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL) who have the FIP1L1-PDGFRα fusion kinase and patients with HES and/or CEL who are FIP1L1 PDGFRα fusion kinase negative or unknown.
- Adult individuals with unresectable, recurrent, or metastatic dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP).
- Patients with Kit (CD117) positive unresectable, or metastatic malignant gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST).
- Adjuvant treatment of adult patients following resection of Kit (CD117) positive gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST).
Dosage and Side Effects
The recommended dosage for adults with Ph+ CML CP is 400 mg/day, for adults with Ph+ CML AP or BC is 600 mg/day, for pediatrics with Ph+ CML CP is 340 mg/m2 /day, for adults with Ph+ ALL is 600 mg/day, for pediatrics with Ph+ ALL is 340 mg/m2 /day, for adults with MDS/MPD is 400 mg/day, for adults with ASM is 100 mg/day or 400 mg/day, for adults with HES/CEL is 100 mg/day or 400 mg/day, for adults with DFSP is 800 mg/day, for adults with metastatic and/or unresectable GIST is 400 mg/day, for adjuvant treatment of adults with GIST is 400 mg/day, for patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment is 400 mg/day, and for patients with severe hepatic impairment is 300 mg/day.
Administer the prescribed dose orally, with a meal/food and a large glass of water. Administer the doses of 400 mg or 600 mg once daily, whereas administer the 800 mg dose as 400 mg twice daily. For patients not able to swallow the film-coated tablets, the tablets may be dispersed in water or apple juice. Place the required number of tablets in the apt volume of beverage (roughly 50 mL for a 100 mg pill, and 200 mL for a 400 mg pill) and stir well with a spoon. Administer the suspension promptly after the complete disintegration of the tablet(s). For daily dosing of 800 mg and beyond, accomplish the dosing using the 400 mg pill to scale down the exposure to iron. Treatment may be carried on as long as there is no proof of progressive disease or unacceptable toxicity.
The most common side effects of Imatinib are vomiting, edema, nausea, muscle cramps, diarrhea, rash, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, and abdominal pain.
What is Imatinib?
Imatinib is a targeted cancer thearpeutic drug. It is a treatment for a number of different cancer types (such as chronic myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, gastrointestinal stromal tumors, and myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases) and immune system disorders.
What is the best way to take imatinib?
Imatinib is supplied as a tablet to take orally (by mouth). It is typically taken with a meal and a large glass of water once or twice daily to help prevent stomach irritation.
How do I store Imatinib tablets?
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15-30°C (59-86°F). Protect it from moisture. Dispense this medicine in a tight container.
How much does Imatinib cost in India?
Imatinib 100 mg/400 mg cost in India is very reasonable and can vary. To procure this oral drug legally, you can call us at (+91) 8130290915, TOLL-FREE: 1800-889-1064, Or Write us at email@example.com.
Who should not take Imatinib?
Females who are or could be pregnant or are breast-feeding should not take this medical product for one month the final dose.
Where can I get Imatinib at the best Price?
Order Imatinib at the best price today. We request you to Call/WhatsApp us at (+91) 8130290915 or dial our TOLL-FREE Number: 1800-889-1064 or Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re fully committed to providing you with the best Imatinib price from India. That is why we’ll match the cost/price of any facilitators/suppliers/distributors in the market who require a medical prescription.
Is the Imatinib available in India?
Imatinib is a (prescription drug, doctor-prescribed medication, or health care professional-prescribed medicine) pharmaceutical drug that can be legally dispensed against a medical prescription. Imatinib can be made available through the network of authorized distributors in India. (Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, etc.).
Can You Send the Imatinib to Foreign Destinations?
Buy generic Imatinib online at the best/lowest price from a leading supplier. Indian Generic Medicines can assist in the delivery of Imatinib; the doctor-prescribed medication to the UK, Canada, Uzbekistan, Australia, Philippines, the USA, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, China, South Africa, Kazakhstan, Zambia, Kuwait, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Pakistan, Hong Kong, UAE, Turkey, Malaysia, Singapore, Afghanistan, Qatar, Japan, Nepal, and many other countries.
What is the procedure to buy Imatinib from Indian Generic Medicines?
Patients can simply fill out the order form or send mail to email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 8130290915 or can dial the TOLL-FREE Number: 18008891064. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Imatinib 100 mg/ 400 mg price as well as the procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the valid receipt of the prescription from the Physician.
Is it safe to buy Imatinib (Gleevec) online from India?
Yes, one can buy Imatinib (Gleevec) online from India-based Indian Generic Medicines if it is not (yet) registered or is unavailable in their respective country. We can facilitate the export/supply of Imatinib tablets through legal channels.