Imatinib mesylate is an oral targeted therapy medication supplied under the generic brand name Veenat and available in 100 mg & 400 mg dosage strengths. Veenat 100 mg comes in a pack of 120 capsules and Veenat 400 mg comes in a pack of 30 tablets. Imatinib (Veenat) is approved for the treatment of:
- newly diagnosed adult and pediatric patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in chronic phase (CP).
- patients with Ph+ CML in blast crisis (BC), accelerated phase (AP), or chronic phase (CP) after the unsuccessful interferon-alpha therapy.
- adult patients with relapsed or refractory (R/R) Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- pediatrics with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) integrated with chemotherapy.
- adults with myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases (MDS/MPD) linked with platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) gene re-arrangements.
- adults with an aggressive form of systemic mastocytosis (ASM) without the D816V c-Kit mutation or with unknown c-Kit mutational status.
- adults with advanced hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) or chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL) with FIP1L1-PDGFRα rearrangement.
- adult patients with unresectable dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) and adult patients with recurrent or metastatic DFSP who are not candidates for surgery.
- adult patients with Kit (CD117) positive unresectable, or metastatic malignant gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST).
- adjuvant treatment of adult patients who are at significant risk of relapse after resection of Kit (CD117)-positive GIST.
Dosage and Side Effects
The recommended dosage for adult patients with Ph+ CML CP is 400 mg/day, for adult patients with Ph+ CML AP or BC is 600 mg/day, for pediatrics with Ph+ CML CP is 340 mg/m2 /day, for adult patients with Ph+ ALL is 600 mg/day, for pediatrics with Ph+ ALL is 340 mg/m2 /day, for adult patients with MDS/MPD is 400 mg/day, for adult patients with ASM is 100 mg/day or 400 mg/day, for adult patients with HES/CEL is 100 mg/day or 400 mg per day, for adult patients with dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) is 800 mg/day, for adult patients with metastatic or unresectable GIST is 400 mg/day, and for adjuvant therapy of adult patients with GIST is 400 mg/day.
Take the proposed dose orally, with food/meal and a glass of water. Take the doses of 400 mg or 600 mg once daily, whereas take the 800 mg dose as 400 mg twice a day. For daily dosing of 800 mg and beyond, achieve the dosing through a 400 mg pill to reduce the exposure to iron. This therapy may be continued as long as there is no proof of progressive condition or unacceptable toxicity.
The most common side effects of Imatinib are diarrhea, vomiting, edema, muscle cramps, nausea, rash, musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and abdominal pain.
What is Veenat (Imatinib)?
Veenat is a generic of Gleevec that contains Imatinib as the main component. This therapeutic drug is used for the treatment of a number of different cancer types (such as CML, ALL, GIST, and MDS/MPD) and certain immune system disorders.
Who has launched the generic of Gleevec?
Natco Pharma Limited has launched the generic Gleevec at the most reasonable prices under the brand Veenat.
How do I take Imatinib?
Imatinib comes as a capsule/tablet to take orally. It is usually taken with food/meal and a glass of water once or twice daily.
How do I store Imatinib?
Store Imatinib in a closed container at room temperature, away from the heat, moisture, and direct light.
How much does the generic Imatinib cost in India?
Imatinib 100 mg/400 mg cost in India is very reasonable and can vary. To procure this generic medicine legally, you can call us at (+91) 8130290915, TOLL-FREE: 1800-889-1064, Or Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Imatinib be used while I’m pregnant?
Using Imatinib while you are pregnant could harm an unborn baby. You may need to have a negative pregnancy test prior to initiating this treatment.
Can Imatinib be used while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding is not recommended/advisable when imatinib therapy is administered.
Where can I get Imatinib at the best Price?
Order Imatinib at the best price today. We request you to Call/WhatsApp us at (+91) 8130290915 or dial our TOLL-FREE Number: 1800-889-1064 or Write us at email@example.com. We’re fully committed to providing you with the best Imatinib price from India. That is why we’ll match the cost or price of any other facilitators/suppliers/distributors in the market who require a medical prescription.
Is the Imatinib available in India?
Imatinib is a (prescription drug, doctor-prescribed medication, or health care professional-prescribed medicine) pharmaceutical drug that can be legally dispensed against a medical prescription. Imatinib can be made available through the network of authorized distributors in India. (Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune, etc.).
Can You Send the Imatinib to Foreign Destinations?
Buy generic Imatinib online at the best/lowest price from a leading supplier. Indian Generic Medicines (IGM) can assist in the delivery of Imatinib; the doctor-prescribed medication to the UK, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Philippines, the USA, China, Thailand, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Zambia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Sweden, Hong Kong, UAE, Malaysia, Turkey, Singapore, Qatar, Nepal, Japan, and many other countries.
What is the procedure to buy Imatinib from Indian Generic Medicines?
Patients can just fill out the order form or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 8130290915 or can dial the TOLL-FREE Number: 18008891064. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Imatinib 100 mg/400 mg price and the procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the valid receipt of the prescription from the Physician.
Is it safe to buy Imatinib (Veenat) online from India?
Yes, one can buy Imatinib (Veenat) online from India-based Indian Generic Medicines (IGM) if it is not (yet) registered or is unavailable in their respective country. We can help facilitate the supply/export of generic Imatinib through legal channels.